Wedding Guest .:. Sylvie dress
The weekend was all about love! We were invited to a wedding and I made this dress one month in advance. The pattern is the Sylvie dress by Vikisews and I used some deadstock fabric and I have no clue what the compositionis: I’m guessing some viscose-poly-blend. The fabric was easy to work with and has a loose drape, that’s why the pleats in the front are hanging a bit sad. I used this pattern for a cotton-linen-blend dress and the pleats stay in place much nicer. We took these pictures one day after the wedding and by then I already wore the dress for 12h, so not a perfect representation of the drape.
I narrowed the shoulders 1 cm, which is my usual alteration on most patterns. I lengthened the skirt parts about 5 cm, because the pattern is a tiny bit short for my liking. Last, but not least I changed the simple biasbinded slit at the armcuffs to a shirt placket thing (I don’t know the English technical term for it). The armcuff closes with a selfcovered button (I nedded 7 trys to get the covering right for two buttons!!!).
I really like the pattern and I already made two dresses with it (the second one will come soon to this blog).
Have a great rest of the week and hopefully see you next Monday for a new blogpost.